This East African inspired dinner is frugal, easy to prepare, and loaded with real food. It’s also vegetarian, freezer-friendly, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp Exo Flava curry powder
- 1 tsp Exo Flava paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilly ground
- 1 cup boiled red beans
- 1 cup boiled maize/corn
- 1 chopped tomato
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Exo Flava coriander chopped
- Heat the oil in a pot under medium heat.
- Cook the onions in the oil until it is soft, then add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the curry powder and paprika, while stirring for another minute to prevent burning.
- Pour in the beans, corn and tomatoes into the pot.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Add salt, cover the pot and allow to cook for about 15 mins.
- Add the spring onions and leave for another minute.
- Remove from heat and mix in the chopped coriander.