Enjoy these amazingly soft doughnuts with a cup of tea or coffee. Fruit juice will also be an authentic combo.
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fine white sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground Exo Flava cardamoms
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 2 cups vegetable oil for deep frying
- Combine milk, ¼ cup vegetable oil, sugar, egg, instant yeast, salt and cardamom in a large bowl. Mix in flour, 1cup at a time, until dough comes together and is easily handled. Knead dough on a flat work surface until no longer sticky.
- Put dough back in the bowl, cover and let rise in a warm area until doubled. About 1hr.
- Press dough down gently. Knead it briefly and divide it into 4 portions. Roll each portion into a ball; keep covered with a cloth to prevent them from drying out.
- Roll one ball into 1/3 inch thick circle on a floured work surface. Cut into 4 triangles using a pizza cutter. Repeat with remaining balls of dough, keeping other dough covered.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryers or large saucepan over medium heat. Fry dough triangles 3 or 4 at a time, without overcrowding, until puffed like balloons, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn and continue frying until golden brown, 1 to 2minutes more. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining dough.